Carrot Oat Bake
27. September 2019
When carrots meet crunchy nuts…bliss is almost certain…
200 g rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cardamom
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp sea salt
1-2 tbsp liquid honey
200 g grated carrot
a handful of raisins
2 organic eggs
500 ml oat milk or other plant milk
Crunchy top layer:
4 tbsp maple syrup or honey
2 tbsp coconut oil, at
150 g walnuts, pecans
or almonds, or a
mix of these
80 g sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
• Preheat the oven to 180°C.
• Grease a 20 x 25 cm baking dish with coconut oil.
• Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl plus the grated carrots and raisins. Mix lightly.
• In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, add the milk and whisk to combine. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix it all together. Pour into the baking dish and spread out evenly using a spatula.
• In a small bowl, mix the nuts, seeds, sweetener and coconut oil, so the nuts and seeds are coated in the liquid. Sprinkle over the oat mixture and put to bake for 25-30 minutes.
Serve in bowls – a little sweetened cream cheese is a nice addition, but it tastes great on its own too.
This recipe is from our breakfast cook book “Wake Up – Fresh Morning Recipes”
…but this bake can also be served later in the day 😉
Want the book? Buy it next time you come to Dharma Mountain. Or send us a mail and we can send it to you in the post.